FOUR WHEEL DRIVE AUSTRALIA CODE OF ETHICS
- Obey all the laws and regulations that apply to vehicles on public and private roads.
- Respect the rights of others to use and share the road space.
- Keep a safe distance between vehicles – acknowledge that increased weight and tyre choice can affect braking distance.
- Take care when cornering – acknowledge that increased weight combined with a raised centre of gravity can affect vehicle handling.
- Take care when reversing – check blind spots and ensure that no one has walked behind your vehicle before you reverse.
- Be aware of vision limitations and be particularly observant near children to avoid accidents.
- Ensure your vehicle complies with State legislation in relation to roadworthiness and modifications.
- Keep your vehicle clean and in good mechanical condition to reduce the environmental impact.
- Acknowledge that your four-wheel drive is a legitimate choice of lifestyle or family vehicle. Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive Club.
THIS CODE SUPPORTS THE NATIONAL RECREATIONAL FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE POLICY.
Produced by the Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council
in the interest of promoting responsible recreational vehicle use.
For advice and assistance in meeting the requirements of this Code of Ethics contact the
Public Relations Officer, ANFWDC PO Box 79, CANBERRA ACT 2601
© Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council, May 2005