Clubs provide many advantages and challenges for 4WD owners. Most clubs are family orientated and cater for family participation. Organised trips are carried out in the company of people who have similar vehicles and interests. Some clubs organise long trips into remote areas. The advantages of travelling with a group of experienced four wheel drivers are obvious.
Other club activities include:
- regular social outings, film nights, guest speakers
- social functions and inter-club competition
- access to club equipment and libraries
- knowledge of experienced drivers
- club discounts including insurance
- technical information and advice
Various clubs cater for different types of 4WD’s and a wide range of activities.
Although most clubs have a joining fee, these are usually small in comparison to the benefits received.
Clubs maintain a keen interest in public land issues and members are kept aware of any controls or restrictions on certain areas through club education programmes.
Most clubs have a monthly magazine to keep members up to date on forthcoming activities and matters of interest.